Saturday, May 14, 2016

A friend

We share the lunch time together. She isn’t in the canteen food. So she brings her tiffin with her. Nice round plastic box, having few chapatis and sometimes vegetables too. Thanks to her, I get home cooked meal, every now and then.
 Deepti, that’s her name. A senior to me in office, but a friend once we are off the table.
The conversations we make during tiny breaks, goes from, something funny in office, a gossip, to her marriage and her life before getting married in Mumbai, a city she loves till date and then she talks about me and listens to whatever I have to say.
She is definitely more experienced but when she smiles, it’s like a child with a new toy, each time.
I find so much to learn from her.
From that heartfelt smile to cooking a great meal for an unexpected guest.
A lot to learn.
A lot to remember.

And a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment